Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day

I don't think we probably take enough time to say thank you to our men and women in the armed forces that are fighting for us every day. I'm sure each one of knows someone in the armed forces: a spouse, a child, a brother, a sister, or friend. They put their lives in harm's way so that we don't have to. I was so moved by a recent episode of Gene Simmons' Family Jewels. They visited a Veteran's Hospital in Long Beach. They spoke with many veterans and I was struck by two of the veteran's comments. One of the was "Freedom isn't Free" and the other one was "I put on the uniform, so that my family doesn't have to". Their patriotism and belief in freedom is inspiring.

Memorial Day is a great time to reflect on those that have served and died for our country. Their burden was heavy and yet they took it on with pride and fortitude.

So, thank you, to all of you in the U.S. armed forces that fight for our freedom and protect us citizens.

No comments: