Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Nice Diet by Alicia Silverstone

As a mom, nutrition is always on my mind. I've been working with a dietitian and focusing on making meals that are nutrient rich. So when I saw Oprah's show with Alicia Silverstone, I was intriqued and wanted to read her book, The Kind Diet.

I got it from my favorite library and some of her points really struck home for me. Even if you don't want to be a vegan or vegetarian, you can do some of the steps such as incorporate more leafy greens in your diet and reduce the amound of meat you eat.

Every 2 weeks, I set a new dietary goal. It can be to try a new fruit or vegetable. Try a new recipe. Make a food substitution. So my goal for these next 2 weeks is to make 2 meatless dinners a week.

So far so good.

If you want more information, please visit Alicia's site: The Kind Diet

No comments: