Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Break and Jury Duty

Ok, pursuing a Master's is taking up all my time, but I'm done with classes for now and don't have my next one until Nov. I'm back to work on my YA novel and finally hit the 10,000 words mark. That was my first milestone. I'm also taking a slightly different direction after discovering the incredibly gifted writer, Jeffery Deaver during my Jury Duty stint.

I'm not sure why people have such a negative attitude towards jury duty. I loved it, learned tons about our judicial system, and was fortunate to actually serve on a jury. During the two weeks I had to report, only two cases actually went to trial, so I was lucky to have served.

I also entered the Cheerio Story contest today and ordered the 2009 Children's Writers Market Guide by Alice Pope.

It feels good to be back.

No comments: